Friday 2 September 2016

Film Friday - Portraits in the Whitney Collection

Hello everyone,

I hope that you have all had a wonderful week. As you might know, I have recently started blogging again after a long long break. Really excited to get going again. I was looking back over my blog and deciding which features to keep and continue and which to not continue and come up with new ideas. The Film Friday feature that I used to fun was one of my favourite features on my blog so was one I couldn't wait to bring back.

Often when life gets busy and you are constantly on the go it is difficult to find time to sit down and just enjoy something without doing anything else or thinking of anything else. I think this is such an important thing to do. For me, watching a short film/ clip does just that, it takes just 5 minutes out of your day to think of something new and exciting and to just relax and stop for a bit.

I hope that you get the same feeling by watching the videos which I will be posting over the next few weeks.

This one I thought was particularly beautiful. It was from a series that the Whitney museum did and here, artist Martha Wilson discusses John Coplan's work as well as her own.


Human Interest: Martha Wilson on John Coplans from Whitney Museum of American Art on Vimeo.

"Everyone is here in their bodies until they are no longer alive...I think that's one of my goals as well, to try to be honest, to try to be unafraid of looking at what's really there" - Martha Wilson

Thanks for reading

The Dorothy Days Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment (it makes me smile!)

Thank you!