Tuesday 12 May 2015

#DorsetTeamTools - photographs of crafters tools from the Dorset Etsy Team

Hey everyone,

A while back some of you might remember I posted about the Dorset Etsy Team's latest project, #DorsetTeamTools (If you missed my original post on Dorset Team Tools you can find it by clicking here).

The Dorset Etsy Team are a group of crafters, artists, vintage and supply sellers from Dorset in England who all sell on Etsy.com. The idea behind the Dorset Team Tools project is that members from the team post photographs of the tools they use to create their handcrafted products using the hashtag #DorsetTeamTools . The hashtag is running across different social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. I have had great fun looking at the photographs which members have been posting. Last time I posted some photographs by some of the jewellery makers in the team (please see the link above) so today I thought I would share with you some more of my favourite photos posted to the hashtag.


I think this photograph is probably my favourite photograph which has been posted to the hashtag so far. Colleen makes beautiful hand forged ironwork. Her work ranges from small pieces such as key rings to huge garden sculptures. Please take a look at her work here https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ArtisanIronwork


Wendy makes crocheted items for her shop and she posted this photograph of her very cute Cath Kidston pencil case which she keeps her crochet hooks in (I also spy a Etsy pencil from one of our Dorset Team fairs!) To see Wendy's work please click here https://www.etsy.com/shop/DollyDaydreamCrochet

I am a massive fan of Heidi's work and especially like her Frida Kahlo collection so was excited to see this #DorsetTeamTools photo of Heidi working on one of her paintings. Do you love this painting too? Please have a little look around Heidi's shop here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/HeidiMillustration


This annotated photo by Cara made me smile. I often wonder not only what tools people use to craft but where they work when making something and do people listen to music, watch TV etc when they craft. Please take a look at some of Cara's finished work here https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CararaDesigns

Hope you have enjoyed this post, for more photographs please see the #DorsetTeamTools hashtag. Any retweets, reposting or spreading the word about this project would be really appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

The Dorothy Days Xx

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring my #toolsofthetrade pic. Great little feature and i love seeing all the other pics. Its fascinating to see the diverse range of tools that everyone is using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Heidi :) Thanks so much for sharing your photographs.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment (it makes me smile!)

Thank you!