Saturday 20 October 2012

Things my followers love about where they live

Hello everyone,

I posted a little while ago about my favourite things about living in the English countryside and asked to hear what you guys love about where you are from. I had some wonderful responses from lots of different places around the world, was really lovely to read all the responses. Thanks so much for sharing and I thought I would share a few here:

Zoe from stone tree jewelry said:
I'm in a rather rural part of the United States in the gorgeous state of Maine. It's fall foliage season here and we had our first wood fire weeks ago. Not for everyone, but I love it! :)

One of my favourite things about Autumn is coming inside slighty chilly and warming up infront of a lovely log fire so I was so glad that Zoe posted this as some of the things she loves most about where she lives.


Grace left me this lovely reply:

I live in a rural part of California's Gold Country and we are enjoying Indian Summer, still in the 90's here this week and tomorrow is October! I love this time of year, just before the Fall season kicks in. The trees are already turning and things are settling in, with the squirrels bustling about, the birds are especially happy and enjoying the birdbath daily. It is fun to watch them take turns. Mama deer and 2 of her triplets came through the yard last evening, and I am sure #3 was nearby.
The weather is mild enough that my hubby and I enjoy our back porch in the evenings after sundown.
I enjoy hearing about your country life too - Life is Good!


Can't believe its still in the 90s over there!!! WOW!! The last few days weeks here in the U.K have been rain, rain and more rain and quite cold so I am really jealous! Having a deer family visit  must be amazing, we do have deer up the back of the garden which leads into the woods but they very rarely venture down close enough to the house for me to get a good look. I usually see them while driving home at night along the country roads.

Jayne from handmadecuties said:

 Hmmm...I loved where I used to live and I'm settled where I live now. Sleeping with the windows wide open, the sound of bull frogs at night, the cool morning air are the things I miss most about my old home.

These are the things that I like most about where I now live...
*I can make a quick trip to the grocery store a couple minutes away.
*Although traffic is bad, I get to cut off the freeway and reach my home without getting stuck in the really horrendous traffic.
*I, at least, have a little fenced in back yard for my dog to run around.
*The inside of our home has a great set-up with lots of space.
*I have a garden.

I think I want to move now...Can I come and live with you?


Living more in town must have its perks as well, I am slightly less rural now than I used to be but it used to be a 24 mile round trip just to get to the supermarket which was a bit of a nightmare if you forgot anything!!!

I will feature the rest of the replies in my next blog post and if anyone else would like to add what they love about where they live I would love to hear from you too :), please leave me a message in the comment section below and let me know where you live and why you love it :)

Thanks again for all my lovely comments, I really love reading them and so interesting to hear about where you all come from. Makes me want to do loads of travelling and see all these different places!

Have a great weekend

The Dorothy Days Xx

5 comments:

  1. Yes, it's so nice to hear about other neighborhoods. Thanks for asking and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting to read why people like where they live. Everyone sees different things. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to read these comments. I think it's important to find the good in wherever you live if possible. I am kind of a "seeker," always looking for the next thing. I have to remind myself sometimes to appreciate what I already have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so nice! I love reading what people love about their home towns!
    -Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment (it makes me smile!)

Thank you!