Sunday 21 October 2012

5 things that made me smile this weekend.

Hello everyone :)

I hope that you are all having a wonderful weekend. It has been wet and rainy and miserable here in the U.K and has been getting dark so early in the evening too....winter is deffinatly here but despite the weather I have been having a wonderful weekend :) !

On Saturday my mum came to stay and we went out for a girls shopping day. I treated myself and bought the most beautiful new shoes.....I am rather in love with them (I promise I will upload some photos soon)! I also visited an art gallery to view some of the photography work. The work was absolutely beautiful and I really enjoyed myself :). That evening we sat down and had cheese and wine, pate and crackers and delicious onion bread while we caught up. Was a great day.

Today I have had much more of a lazy day inside, I love lazy Sundays and to make myself not feel so bad about having a really lazy day I did some paperwork in the afternoon so I feel ready for next week :) !!

I thought I would share with you 5 things that made me smile this weekend....

1) My mum visiting :) !

2) Beautiful new shoes that I just can't wait to wear!

3) Visiting art galleries is one of my favourite things to do so always puts a big smile on my face

4) This weekend in the middle of town a mans umbrella blew inside out....instead of wrestling with it and trying to put it down he started to dance and leap around in 'singing in the rain' style!!! Was hilarious :), I love when people don't take themselves too seriously.

5) I came across Nail Rock this weekend which is a designer nail wrap company. They have the most amazing designs that are so imaginative... here are some of my favourite. Be sure to check them out  by clicking the link above :). Both images below are taken from their new blog.

 These 'Bee in My Bonnet' nails are amazing, I love the little wings.


Nails couldn't get any chic-er than this!!! via

Hope you all had a great weekend

The Dorothy Days

4 comments:

  1. I love the singing in the rain! That would have made my day to see that!
    www.AhkaVintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy weekend!
    Everything you wrote about would make me smile too. I love the thought of the man "singing in the rain" !

    Looking forward to great week with more great posts from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the shoes!!!! Glad you had a good time this weekend.
    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for all your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment (it makes me smile!)

Thank you!