Friday 14 September 2012

The Dorothy Days new items

Hi everyone,

I have been busy listing some new items in my shop and I thought I would share some of them with you all :) . A little while back I really focused on adding some more vintage items to my shop so added lots of vintage tea cups. This time I focused on adding some more handmade items so there is a nice mix between the two. I have a new range of earrings and I also have started to make some rings :). I hope that you all like them. So far, the response on Etsy seems positive and they are getting quite a lot of views which I was really thrilled about.

Here are a selection of some of my newly listed items:



Here are my apple earrings which I made last week. They are made out of polymer clay (fimo), as are all of the new range and are very small in size which I think makes them the perfect size for every day wear.

Here is another of my new listing, my handmade grape earrings which I thought were really fun, in fact I kept a pair of these for myself :) !!

These are my orange earrings which I thought were really bright and cheerful :) and almost like those cake decorations which you can get, you know the little slices of lemon and orange which are covered in sugar?

I also made watermelon, dragon fruit, pink grapefruit and lemon earrings :).

I also did a first for The Dorothy Days and added a listing which is a mix and match listing. I made the collage myself and think it came out quite well and I am also quite excited by the idea of it. In the past I have people contact me asking for custom listings (such as a lady who wanted to buy 60 gift tags instead of 10). I love doing custom listings but I also thought by having a mix and match it might be easier for customers as they can do it instantly. With this new listing I am also offering a discount on the item price and the customer shall only have to pay for one lot of shipping so end up saving quite a bit of money :)

So the idea is the customer just lets me know which of these earrings they would like by giving me the letter of the earrings :). You can see the new listing here. What do you all think ?

I have also been busy making some button rings and a rose ring.

Here is one of my new wooden button rings

Would love to hear what you all think of my items :) . The shop is the fullest it has ever been which is an amazing feeling :) 

Hope that you all have a wonderful weekend. 

The Dorothy Days X


7 comments:

  1. I love the fruit earrings--they strike a great blend between funky and classic :) (Definitely adding to this Christmas list!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a recent visit to your shop, I saw all of your new additions and was smitten by the cute, colorful earrings. Love them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love the orange earrings! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fruit earrings and so cute! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't they just the cutest earrings?! They're sure to be great sellers. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your really lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like everybody I like the Orange earrings the most. Lime and Grapefruit are also very appealing. That make me wonder if it is because these have their natural colors... May be we are unconsciously applying food related appreciation on your earrings :) That is something you could test: natural vs off colors and see the response hah hah!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment (it makes me smile!)

Thank you!